Blog Psychology (updated)
1. Emotivists: Those who cheer or jeer or thank you, but do little else.
2. One trick ponies: Those who post the same chops repeatedly, hoping that repetition makes for argument (or something).
3. Thinkers: Those who engage posts thoughtfully with a desire for knowledge.
4. Stinkers: Those who take on false names, offer gratuitous insults--my favorite, "You have a mail order degree"--and, when banned, do the same thing on another blog that I like.
5. Butterflies: Those who flit about, landing briefly, writing little beyond impressions.
6. Diverters: "those who intentionally steer the blog postings into areas never intended by the original blogpost." (Thanks to Doug White, who warn me to got be diverted by such.)
7. Lurkers: Those who read, but do not post. They sometimes email me instead.