Prayer at the Democratic Convention
1. He prays that we should care for people, not just causes. The Democratic platform and its candidate does not recognize unborn humans as persons. Thus, it endorses aborting over a million of them a year legally for any reason or no reason.
2. He prays they should care for "the least of these," of course, not including the utterly silent, helpless, and fragile unborn humans in this category. A condor egg has more rights than an unborn human in the US--and the Democrats do not care.
3. He speaks of concern for "children," but excludes the youngest children: unborn children.
4. He prays in the name of Jesus, but only says Jesus died "to fight the forces of injustice." That leaves out the most basic reason Jesus died: to atone for our sins and set us right with God. Yes, Jesus' death had social and political consequences, but not without atonement and propitiation. That was omitted from the teleprompter prayer.
5. Much more could be said about how the prayer was framed according to a left-wing perspective on issues, but enough is enough. Donald Miller was the chaplain for The Party of Abortion on Demand. No prophets were to be found. Maybe a few of them will get arrested outside the gate.